Types of Information
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of nonpublic Personal Information we may collect include:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliated companies, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency;
- Information from an internet web site;
- Information from public records maintained by government agencies; or
- Information we receive from others involved in your transaction.
Use of Information
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us or from others; or (2) as permitted by law. We may, however, store such information indefinitely, including the period after which any customer relationship has ceased. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or customer analysis. We may also provide all of the types of nonpublic personal information listed above to one or more affiliated companies. Such affiliated companies include financial service providers, such as title insurers, property and casualty insurers, and trust and investment advisory companies, or companies involved in real estate services, such as appraisal companies, home warranty companies and title examiners. Furthermore, we may also provide all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, on behalf of our affiliated companies, or to other financial institutions with whom we or our affiliated companies have joint marketing agreements. We may also share information in response to a subpoena, to a government agency or to prevent fraud or criminal conduct. One of our important responsibilities is to record documents relating to your transaction in the public domain. Such documents may contain your Personal Information.
Confidentiality and Security