Overall Purpose of Marketing & Events Coordinator Job
To assist the management in the coordination of all marketing initiatives, to be a face and voice for the brand at networking and promotional events, to project manage client events, while ensuring that any relevant administration items are attended to accurately.
Key Result Areas
– Administration & Coordination of Marketing
– Networking & Events, Project Coordination
– Client Liaison
1. Administration & Coordination of Marketing Efforts
– Support internal management & external suppliers with ad bookings or campaign material that has an approaching deadline or as required
– Maintain an accurate and up to date file of all suppliers and relevant details including contacts and specialty
– Attend to all e-mail, mail and fax correspondence received promptly and efficiently
– Complete all internal paper work accurately
– Complete attention to 100% accuracy
– Responsible for coordinating with outside suppliers and services for promotional work and maintaining the purchase order system
– Ensure that all advertising and promotion deadlines are met including all forms of media
– Keep abreast of any requirements in regard to advertising guidelines, legislation etc.
– Maintain effective communication between all departments including meeting attendance and all verbal & written communications
2. Networking & Events, Project Coordination
– Proactively seek out networking & promotional events to attend
– Represent Ganek in a professional and friendly manner at each event, with the purpose of networking to find new leads and referrals partners
– Be creative in developing & project managing events for Ganek to showcase our services & create lasting relationships with our referral partners or new clients
– Manage budgets & work with event suppliers to provide an event that is in alignment with our brand integrity
– Manage registrations & work with suppliers to ensure the event is well attended
– Report on all networking activities and the success of each event
3. Client Liaison
– Treat all clients with the utmost respect
– Maintain effective business communication between Ganek and its client base
– Maintain and establish rapport with clients via face to face contact, the telephone, e-mail and mail.
– Ensure that all client requests are attended to immediately and effectively
– Provide regular feedback to the management regarding clients needs and other issues as they may arise.
Other Marketing Responsibilities
– Internet usage is provided for work purposes only. Personal use is limited to breaks and downloading of any material is strictly forbidden
– Always present yourself in a professional manner that is considered acceptable to the environment you are working in
– Attend any industry functions and staff meetings as required
– Overtime will only be permitted under the direction of your manager
– Weekend, evening or irregular work hours will be a part of the job to facilitate event presence.